Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognise your emotions, understand what they're telling you, and realise how your emotions affect people around you. It also involves your perception of others: when you understand how they feel, this allows you to manage relationships more effectively.
We all have different personalities, different wants and needs, and different ways of showing our emotions. Navigating through this all takes tact and cleverness – especially if we hope to succeed in life. This is where emotional intelligence becomes important.
All of us are emotionally intelligent people. Coaching process can be an effective way to understand about how emotional lives of themselves, and of others.
So, then….What experiencing about emotions in a coaching journey and Why Emotional Intelligence is so important in a coaching partnership
- Understanding the importance of emotions as an integral to basic human functioning.
- Knowing the reason for having emotions: “emotions are for action.” Emotion comes from the - Latin emovir, which means “to move.” Emotions, quite literally, move us.
- Getting the nuance of emotions: arousal and a valence dimension.
- Giving value to negative emotions: labelling our emotions as positive versus negative is a human creation: all our emotions, including the negative ones, serve an adaptive purpose.
Predicting how emotions will impact future behaviours.
- Labelling and understanding the causes of emotions.